CONEX is a powdered admixture used for the compensation and total overall reduction of net shrinkage for Portland Cement concrete. Its functional mechanism is based on the formation of an expansive component. CONEX is an expansive Type G component, which produces a calcium hydroxide platelet crystal system.
- The expansion characteristics of CONEX allow for net shrinkage reduction for concrete.
- Use of this admixture does not cause any slump loss and may be used in conjunction with other Euclid Chemical admixtures.
- Will not affect the mechanical strengths.
- It is compatible with the majority of Portland cements.
- CONEX does not affect the air content, set time, or other characteristics of fresh concrete.
- Freeze-thaw and Salt Scaling Resistance are not affected given that an adequate air void system is provided.
- Expansion process is not through ettringite formation.
- Flatwork concrete
- Bridge decks
- Parking structures
- Arena/Artificial skating rinks
- Storage tanks
- Watertight construction
CONEX is packaged in 22 lb (10 kg) pulpable bags.