Eucon SRA-XT is a ready to use liquid admixture designed to reduce drying shrinkage and the potential for subsequent cracking in concrete and mortar for air entrained concrete. It has been specially formulated to maintain a stable volume of air as well as a reliable air void system. Eucon SRA-XT reduces the surface tension of the meniscus formed at the air-water interface in the pores. This reduces the internal tensile stresses that cause shrinkage of the cement paste. Drying shrinkage can be reduced up to 50% when using Eucon SRA-XT, but a range of 35%-50% is usually observed. Eucon SRA-XT does not contain added chlorides and will not promote the corrosion of steel.
- Can be used in air entrained concrete
- Drying shrinkage may be reduced up to 50% at one year and beyond, depending on mix constituents.
- Reduces cracking caused by drying shrinkage.
- Increases the life of the structure.
- Decreases expensive maintenance costs and increases the durability of the structure.
- Concrete pipes
- Interior/Exterior concrete
- Watertight construction
- Artificial skating rinks
- Water purification plants
- Swimming pools
- Underground construction
- Water tanks
- Eucon SRA Floor admixture is currently meeting the requirements of ASTM C494/C494M and AASHTO
- M-194 as a Type S admixture.
Eucon SRA-XT is available in bulk, 275 gal (1041 L) totes, and 55 gal (208 L) drums.